By using the Websites, you understand and agree that (i) information collected from you in connection with your use of the Websites, including during the registration process for any of the programs offered on the Websites or otherwise, shall be disclosed to itrek, and (ii) you may be contacted by us or our representatives, including research consultants engaged by us to evaluate various aspects related to the programs offered by us (including those programs offered on the Websites) regarding, among other things, further opportunities to engage with the itrek community or other itrek-related content.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). We may ask you to provide the following Personal Data:
- your basic information, such as your first name and last name, date of birth and gender;
- your contact information, such as home address, telephone number and email address;
- technical information, such as:
- information about the device you use to interact with us (including browser type, browser version and unique device identifiers);
- information from your visits to this website (including the pages of our Websites that you visit, the time spent on those pages, the time and date of your visit, the URLs that you have clicked on, your IP address, the pages that you visited before and after navigating to this website);
- social media tracking pixels that allow platforms such as Facebook and Google to interact with this website and give feedback on your actions; and
- diagnostic data; and
- any other information you provide to us, such as your field of study.
We may also ask you to provide us with information that is about you individually but does not identify you, such as your academic institution and year of graduation.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Websites and programs.
How we collect Data
Cookies and Tracking Technology
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website. Web beacons and pixel tags cannot be declined. However, you can limit their use by controlling the cookies that interact with them.
How do we obtain your Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data while monitoring our technology tools and services, including the Websites and email communications sent to and from itrek.
Otherwise, we gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, such as when you get in touch to provide feedback, donate, support us, or apply to our programs.
We may combine information we have about you from various sources, including the data that you have provided to us.
On what basis do we use your Personal Data?
Data privacy law sets out a number of different reasons on which a company may rely to collect and use your Personal Data. We use your Personal Data for the following reasons:
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- for legitimate business purposes: using your Personal Data helps us to operate and improve our business and minimize any disruption to the services that we may offer to you. It also allows us to make our communications with you more relevant and personalized to you, and to make your experience of our services more efficient and effective;
- because you have given your consent: at times, we may ask for your consent to allow us to use your Personal Data for one or more purposes. See the “Your Rights” section for information about the rights that you have if we process your Personal Data on the basis; and
- to perform a contract to which you are a party: we may need to process your Personal Data to provide a product or service that you request and our ability to do so will be impaired if we do not process your Personal Data.
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- to support our operations and activities and improve our services;
- to provide customer care and support;
- to provide relevant content and resources;
- to provide and maintain the Websites;
- to notify you about changes to our Websites;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Websites when you choose to do so;
- to provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Websites and the itrek programs;
- to monitor the usage of the Websites;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to the extent relevant to a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of itrek’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding; and
- to comply with our legal, regulatory and other obligations; and
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to permit our partners to advertise their positions on our site and to tailor these advertisements to your profile;
- to allow for your applications that are sent to the companies and organizations who posted their positions to be better and more comprehensive, subject to your consent;
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to selected agents and suppliers (including those who provide us with technology services such as hosting and technical support), analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Websites and other third parties in connection with reorganizing all or any part of our business, such as:
- Webflow; and
- Wix; or
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of itrek’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by itrek about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose Personal Data to:
- comply with a legal obligation, including to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, or to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- protect and defend our rights or property;
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website;
- protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public; or
- protect against legal liability.
We may also need to make your personal data available to the following parties:
- legal and regulatory authorities; and
- accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to perform web-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
The following third parties may have access to your Personal Data in order to perform such tasks on our behalf:
- Google Analytics;
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Facebook Pixel;
- Facebook Pixel is a web analytics service offered by Facebook that tracks and reports website usage.
- Google Pixel;
- Google Pixel is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website usage.
These third parties are obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Data for any other purpose.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us. We use a range of measures to keep your information safe and secure which may include encryption and other forms of security. However, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you ask us to delete your information, we may not be able to do so due to legal, regulatory or contractual constraints. For example, we would need to retain your name and contact details for suppression purposes if you do not want to receive direct marketing from us.
You may have the following rights in relation to the information that we hold about you. These rights may include:
- the right to access information that we hold about you and to obtain information about how we process it;
- in some circumstances, the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information, which you can do at any time. We may continue to process your information if we have another legitimate reason for doing so;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive certain information you have provided to us in an electronic format and / or request that we transmit it to a third party;
- the right to request that we rectify your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in some circumstances, the right to request that we erase your information. We may continue to retain your information if we are entitled or required to retain it; and
- the right to object to, and to request that we restrict, our processing of your information in some circumstances.
Again, there may be situations where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your information but we are entitled to continue processing your information and / or to refuse that request.
Our Service does not address, and is not intended for, anyone under the age of 16.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, do not use, or provide any information on, this Website. If you believe that we have been provided with any Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16, please contact us at contact information included at the end of this policy. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
California Residents – California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice
Depending on a California consumer’s particular interactions and relationship with us, we may not collect each of the described categories of Personal Data about each consumer.
We collect this Personal Data directly from California residents themselves. We may also collect from other sources, such as public databases, our affiliates, third-party sources of demographic information, and social media platforms.
We have not “sold” Personal Data for purposes of the CCPA. For purposes of this CCPA Notice, “sold” or “sale” means the disclosure of Personal Data for monetary or other valuable consideration but does not include, for example, the transfer of Personal Data as an asset that is part of a merger, bankruptcy, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request: (i) the categories of Personal Data we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Data; (ii) the specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Data about you; (iv) the categories of Personal Data about you that we otherwise shared or disclose; and (v) the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such Personal Data.
- Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Data we collected from you. To make a request for the disclosures or deletion described above, please email us at the contact information provided at the bottom of this policy. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
- Right to Be Free from Discrimination. You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Third party links
- 1202 Lexington Avenue #180, New York, NY 10028, marked “For the attention of Chief Operating Officer”; or
Last updated: August 4, 2021